Are You Facing

My law practice centers on foreclosure and residential real estate in
Cuyahoga and Lorain Counties.

Call me for a FREE Consultation.
(216) 357-3870

Ed HermanReviewsout of 4 reviews


When a mortgage becomes delinquent in Ohio, the loan servicer hires a law firm to foreclose. The homeowner has the right to occupy the property until the foreclosure process completes.

Click For More Information

Property Tax

There are two types of property tax foreclosure in Ohio, tax foreclosure and tax certificate foreclosure.  Property tax foreclosure in Cuyahoga County takes a while to complete: at least six months, and usually longer; sometimes much longer with the help of an attorney. The important thing here is to participate in the court case, to let the foreclosure magistrate know your intentions. 

Click For More Information

Cuyahoga County

Banks and tax collectors file foreclosure cases in the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas in downtown Cleveland.  Cuyahoga Common Pleas is the largest state court in Ohio.  Cuyahoga Common Pleas handles foreclosures differently than in other places in Ohio.  It is important for the homeowner to understand the specifics of the process locally.

Click For More Information

If you are behind on your mortgage or property taxes, you should talk to a lawyer.  Choose an expert in the field. Don’t trust your foreclosure case to a general practice lawyer, who does a little bit of everything.  Be careful about hiring a bankruptcy lawyer.  Bankruptcy often is not the best way.  And be careful with attorneys who run all over the state taking foreclosure cases.  Every court is different, and a good attorney needs to be well-known and well-regarded in the courthouse where he or she works.

My law practice centers on foreclosure and residential real estate. Defending against foreclosure is how I make my living.  Please call me for some free advice on your situation.  If you want to hire me after we talk, that’s great.  If not, that’s fine, too.  Either way you will have a better understanding of the foreclosure process and your options.

This website and all its contents are ADVERTISING MATERIALS and do not constitute legal advice to any person.